The Amici Linguarum (pronounced “ah mee kee leen gwah room”) Award
recognizes an individual or organization not directly involved in
the teaching of world languages that has made a significant
contribution to the profession.
- Must have made a large contribution to the teaching and
learning of world languages
- Must have given significant support for the world language
- Must have provided important service to the world language
Award Nomination Evidence**
- Letter of endorsement addressing the award criteria listed
Award Nomination Procedures
Have any further questions about awards and nomination procedures?
Please contact the KWLA Awards Committee Chair anytime at:
- Select a candidate who meets the award criteria listed
- Fill out the
online nomination form
- Work with your nominee to make sure that all of the required
“Award Nomination Evidence”** is submitted by the deadline to
the KWLA Awards Committee Chair at:
DISCLAIMER: A press release for winners of the Outstanding
Teacher Award will be published within a week after the conference.
Press releases for all other awards winners will be available by